Traveling with a Commercial Motor Vehicle?
- DOT Number required for out of state commercial vehicle travel.
- Hours of Service Keep your Driver's logbook current, including Daily Vehicle Inspections.
- DOT Medical Certificate Required when driving all cubes, stakebeds and larger vehicles in California or out of state.
- Emergency Equipment Fire extinguisher and reflective triangles
- Paperwork Rental agreement, vehicle registration and certificate of insurance.
- DOT Website http://www.fmcsa.dot.govfor DOT info and registration
- California: The State of California has its own rules and regulations pertaining to driving a commercial vehicle. Please check the DMV’s website concerning your responsibility while operating a rental truck.
Information regarding this can be found on the California Department of Motor Vehicles website at: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d14_8/vc34507_5.htm